Monday, June 30, 2008

Birthday weekend

Yesterday was my birthday, I am now twenty-three years old. I never thought I would get to be this age. When people are young, they just want to grow up faster. When people are old, they wish to be young again. That is why I am just enjoying the process of growing older one year at a time, month at a time, week at a time, day at a time, hour at a time. Aging is a beautiful thing and there is no better time than now.

On Sunday, the 29th of June, I was blessed with a beautiful day to enjoy on my birthday. The sun was blazing, and we piled into the truck with our neighbors boat in tow, and headed out to nearby Mason Lake. We met with some of my roommate's friends, who had a nice little cabin right on the waterfront. We spent the day jetting around the lake; jumping off a rope swing and doing a little knee-boarding and tubing. The water was warm, but still cool enough to provide refreshment from the hot sun.


View Larger Map

As the day progressed, clouds began to move in. But they didn't hinder the natural beauty of the whole setting. Behind the tree line, the snow-covered peaks of the Olympic mountains jutted up towards the heavens, and were illuminated by rays of sunlight breaking through the cloud layer. It is times like this, that leave me in awe of the marvelous creations the the earth has to offer. it is certainly enough to humble anyone.

It was a good birthday.

No comments: