Saturday, April 19, 2008

Simplifying My Life

Less stuff = less worries. I am in the process of selling all my personal belongings in an effort to simplify my life. When I leave for traveling, my only possessions will be the clothes on my body and a backpack. That's all I need to be happy, really. "Things" don't really mean all that much to me. Most of the things I need can be found in the world around me or inside me (in other words, knowledge). I think the hardest things to get rid of will be my musical instruments and skateboards. But I can manage.

On the plus side, I should be able to get a little bit of cash for selling these things off. Whatever I cannot sell, I will just give away to friends or charity. Here is a list of all that I'm selling:

-digital camera
-camcorder
-bass guitar
-bass amp
-keyboard
-8-track digital recorder
-snowboard
-CD collection
-skateboards
-bike
-TV
-tent
-iPod
-all video games
-car CD player
-radar detector
-VCR
-old clothing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the camera, man!! You have to document your journey.

Byron said...

haha I most definitely will bring a camera along with me. The one I have now is just a cheap digital, but it will have to do until I have money for a better one.

Keep any eye out for lots of photos!