Monday, April 14, 2008

Washington, here I come! (maybe...)

As the days keep flyin' on by, my travel adventure grows ever closer. Actually, it looks like I may be relocating a little sooner than I thought....I will probably be moving again as soon as the school semester is over (I only have one class, but hey, I really like that class!). I have a friend living up in the state of Washington with a cabin right on the water, and an extra bedroom. The best part? FREE RENT! How can I ignore an opportunity like that? By doing that, I can save about three months rent, which would come out to around $1,500 or so. That's extra money that could be spent on traveling. I love my roommates and friends here, I love our house, and I love Santa Cruz, but I am a nomad at heart and I go where the wind blows. And that wind is blowing me even further North.

The rest of my "plans" will remain the same. I will go to Burning Man with my buddy Tyler, that is, if I can get a ticket. From there, I will get a ride down to Santa Barbara, where I will chill for a couple weeks and hang out with my good friends there before I take off for Mexico. For now, I will focus on selling all my stuff, finding some work, saving up money, and preparing for the trip. Excitement is in the air!

3 comments:

Lady Mira said...

This cabin business sounds completely awesome and I am very jealous. Have you ever read the Dharma Bums by Jack kerouac....you definately need to read it if you are considering the mountains and cabins. It is simply inspiring.
Glad to see your blog back up!

Byron said...

Nope, haven't read it but the author's name sounds familiar. I will check it out, thanks for the recommendation Mira!

Wade Vagabond Journey.com said...

Man, just take an archaeology field school this May and I will get you a good paying job this summer working on the Road. They costs around $1500 and you can get finacial aid, loans, and scholarships to pay for it. You could also work with Mira in the east if you want.

Have fun,

Wade