Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No money and no direction to go

So here I am in Santa Cruz, CA, with practically no money and no idea what tomorrow will bring. I love this feeling of freedom, but I also miss the security of a steady job and a place to live. I feel like I am stuck somewhere in between, being restrained by my lack of options. I have so many visions of things I'd like to do with my life, but I have always had trouble putting them into action. I hate how I always have to worry about money....money is my worst enemy. It is the only thing preventing me from living out my dreams. I feel like I am on the verge of something new, fun, and exciting, but the lack of money is preventing me from breaking through. I can't seem to find any work here, and I dread the idea of getting a real job. I just don't think I can cut it at a normal job anymore.

If I had left for Mexico right after Santa Cruz the first time, I would have had enough money to easily travel around for a bit. But I felt there were some things I need to do first, such as experiencing the Pacific Northwest, Burning Man, and going back home to see family and friends. Now I am pretty much drained of cash, and not sure what to do next. I have a few options: I can stay in Santa Cruz and try to find work for a month or two, and hope that I could find a place to stay, or I can get a ride with my friend Justin down to Santa Barbara. My instinct is telling me to take the little money I have and keep traveling on. Plus, my friend Justin is in the same traveling mind-set as me, and it would be nice to have a travel partner.

I just have to keep a positive attitude and remember that everything will work out the way it is meant to......it always has before.

No comments: