Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Travel Knife

Blade open

Blade closed


My old knife was either stolen or lost a little while back, so it was time to pick up a new blade. This is the type of knife that I have found, from my own personal experience, is good to travel with. Here are the reasons that this is a good travel knife:

1) Cheap. Can be easily replaced if stolen or confiscated by police, security, etc. (This knife cost me about $12 from Ace Hardware)

2) Medium-sized blade...not too big, not too small. Good for many different purposes, such as chopping food, carving wood, cutting coconuts, and also as a weapon.

3) Lightweight/flat. Not too heavy or bulky to carry in pocket.

4) Buckle clip. In case you prefer to carry it on the outside of your clothing.

The only thing I can think of that would make this knife better, was if it was a switchblade (blade that flips open). This would make it a better knife for self-defense if your life was ever threatened.

2 comments:

Mira said...

Hey Byron,

I haven't looked at your blog for a while.....I guess you finally made that trip down south. Awesome!
I am stuck in the US for a little while...trying to get some experience and money for my future life abroad....

Peace,
Mira

Byron said...

Hey Mira, thanks for stopping by! Maybe it's good you haven't looked at it in a while, because I haven't been writing much the last couple months :(

But yeah, made the trip and I'm also back in the US trying to work and save money.

What are you doing for money, and where are you going next?