Sunday, January 25, 2009

Leaving Guanajuato - Time for sun and sand

I was lying in bed the other night, unable to sleep, and I realized that it is time for me to leave Guanajuato. It has been an extremely productive time for me here, but I am not meeting many people, and I don't really have anything to be involved in. And I want to get down to the beach as soon as possible! It is not unusual for me to leave a place within a moment's notice. I will usually decide that it's time to go, and leave within a couple days.

I am going to stop in Paracho for a day, and check out guitars. The town is known for it's many guitar makers. In between Guanajuato and Paracho, I am going to try out a new style of traveling. During this distance, there are enough small towns that are close enough together, that I think I can take collectivos, or small buses, from one to the next. Presuming there actually are collectivos between all these towns, I think this method would be faster than hitch-hiking, and cheaper than a large bus. If it happens that I come to a town in which I cannot find a collectivo, I can always hitch or do a big bus. But beyond Paracho, there are not many towns. So I think I will have to take a big bus from there to the coast. And from there, I will hitchhike South along the coast, living on the beach and being a complete beach bum. And hopefully, I can find a farm to WWOOF at somewhere in Oaxaca.

Looking forward to hitting the road again!

No comments: