Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Life of Luxury in Guanajuato

After living in the forest for a month, I am living such a comparitively plush life here in Guanajuato, that I wonder if I am really deserving of such generous hospitality. The universe always has a way of presenting me with exactly what I need at exactly the right times. About a week ago, right before I left the Bosque, I began to take notice of the emerging gap in my life that was once filled with music. I knew that I needed to settle down someplace where I could focus on playing music for a while. I found myself in Mexico City with an endless number of directions I could go, and waiting for guidance from good ol' Mr. Universe. Right around this time, my good friend Joseph informed me that his mother owns an empty studio that I can stay in in Guanajuato. Guanajuato, here I come!

The studio is much, much more than I ever could have asked for. It is a little walk from town, but it is situated on the side of a hill, overlooking a valley and nearby mountains. The walls are made of adobe, it is fully furnished with wooden furniture, and there is a patio in the front. There is a huge bed, a stove, oven, toaster...even a blender! I feel so incredibly blessed to be living in such luxury! I want my time here to be spent as productively as possible. I want to learn more and experiment with cooking, practice yoga every day, and also make a full re-emergence into the world of music, writing, and photography. I might even attempt to read a book that is completely in Spanish! (I can't find any in English anyway.)

No comments: